The department aims to provide the local, regional, and international markets with qualified GIS graduates. It also provides graduates with enough GIS expertise to be enrolled in graduate programs in applications of GIS in planning and environmental modeling, etc. like :
- Provide students with the up-to-date knowledge and professional training in applying established GIS functions and analytical procedures
- Focus on the applied aspects of GIS
- Provide students with technical skills in GIS
- Use such GIS technical skills to display, process, and analyze GIS data
- Focus on applications of GIS for integrated sciences and geospatial studies.
- Keep an up-to-date GIS and spatial planning and community development.
- Provide students with the up-to-date knowledge and professional training in applying remote sensing and GIS functions and analytical procedures to satellite and aerial remote sensing data