Arab American University seeks to hire “Data Base Administrative” to work in the Office of Vice President for Information Technology Affairs. Position requirements:
Qualifications and experience:
- Applicants should hold a bachelor degree (computer science or information technology) or any related discipline, with at least very good rating.
- Practical experience of at least 5 years in the field of database management and database programming.
- Training courses in designing Oracle and MSSQL databases
- Holds a local or international accredited certificates in Database administration, UNIX Administration, Windows administration.
- Extensive experience in MSSQL Server Administration, Oracle Database administration.
- Experience in Oracle PL / SQL, SQL, Oracle Forms and Reports
- Experience in UNIX OS Administration, Windows 2012 administration
- Experience in programming languages Oracle, PHP, Java, Net.
- Proficiency in English reading, writing and conversation.
Installing, configuring, upgrade, management, monitoring and maintenance of databases. Also development and design databases strategies, monitor the system status and develop databases performance and capacity.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement solutions for databases availability according to the criteria specified by related standard policies.
- Regular maintenance for databases and its servers.
- Ability to understand software code for any kind of scripts that deal with bases such as; ASP.net, PHP, oracle forms and report.
- Ensures protection for stored or processed information being handled and used.
- Help other offices staffs to deal with databases and university software in the best possible way.
- Determine the users and their granted authority levels, for each part of the databases.
- Supervise the databases development, data modeling and design.
- Supervise the databases technologies, backup techniques and recovery on failure
- Improve database performance and adjust it.
- Handle any related duties assigned.
For more information you may contact Human Resources Department Tel. (04)2418888 sub. (1115)
Deadline for accepting applications is Tuesday 31/7/2016.