As part of the university quest to improve scientific researches quality for faculty members and researchers from Palestinian universities and to support genuine scientific researches, AAU Excellence Award for Scientific Research encourages the university’s pioneer role of supporting scientific research and honoring distinguished researchers in Palestine. The award aims to honor researchers’ scientific and searching efforts to that is published or approved to be in prestigious scientific journals with outstanding reputation. Award standards based on the quality researcher adds in his field raising it in various aspects.
1. Award goals:
- Encourage and support researchers at Palestinian universities to make genuine, specialized and unique researches.
- Raising the quality and quantity of scientific researches results at Palestine.
- Honoring active researchers at their scientific fields.
- Improve the scientific researches culture at all educational levels.
- Encourage publishing at significant scientific magazines and periodicals.
- Enhance scientific competitive among researchers for advancing their researches levels.
2. Target group:
Faculty members of Palestinian universities holding PhDs.
3. Time frame for researches:
The award covers all the researchers’ works and research accomplishments for two years from announcing receiving competitive researches for the award.
4. General terms for the award
- Applying for the award only at specific announced time the beginning of the calendar year.
- The applied research must be made by a Palestinian university faculty member during working inside the university or during an official research outside it.
- Only one research can be submitted for the award
- Applicant must be a main researcher (corresponding author) and within the faculty members of the university they work in
- The research should be genuine and published or got the final acceptance to be published in accredited scientific, specialized magazine don’t accept abstracts, short correspondence or revisions
- Applicant should have key role in the research and this should appear in his participant and through his expertise.
- The research should be written in Arabic or English.
- Award winners can apply for the same category again only after a period of three years
- Applied research should be published within the two years before announcing the award date
- Submitted researches should include the name of Palestinian university where the researcher work.
- Deans’ council have the right upon the Award Committee recommendation to withdraw the award from the researcher if it’s proven that the winner violates scientific research ethics. Those who lost the award can’t apply for it again
- You can’t submit a research that already been awarded from others at the same level or higher
- Winners have to present a visual presentation of their winner researches
- The application should include a recommendation from the researcher’s university
- Researches from other categories than the award can’t be considered
- Applicant can’t object on the final results
5. Award applying mechanism:
Researcher have to fill the award’s form based on Arab American University Announcement at the beginning of each year and attach:
- The research
- Application form
- Summary of the research in Arabic and English
- Applicant CV
- Nomination recommendation from the institution where the applicant works in
- Obligation to state that all submitted data and information are true
All needed papers should be sent to email: AOE@aauj.edu the Deadline is on Wednesday 15/3/2017
6. Selection Mechanisms
- Forming primary judging committee of university faculty members as university president decided with Scientific Research Council nomination to study applications to match excellence standards and acceptance according to judgment system.
- Approved applications by the committee in accordance with Section (a) transferred to an international jury of experts and specialists approved by university president after submission to Deans Council to evaluate researches and recommend giving the award.
- Evaluation criteria for outstanding research based on; the research originality, scientific value, systematic adjustment in the research, the research contribution to add new scientific accumulation in the area it covers, in addition to other criteria the committee might adopted (magazine’s classification, impact factor, applied benefit for society, etc).
a. The award will be given to winner researches in one of these fields:
- Natural, Engineering and Technological Sciences
- Health and Medical Sciences
- Social and Humanitarians Sciences
Every branch award consists of:
- Certificate of appreciation
- Medal or Honor shield
- 4000 dollars in cash
b. In case more than one faculty member joined in making the winning research the cash prize will distributed as follows:
Award distribution mechanism
Number of researcher
60% First Researcher
40% Second Researcher
Joint research with two researchers
50% First Researcher
30% Second Researcher
20% Third Researcher
Joint research with three researchers or more
50% First Researcher
50% For the rest
For more information please contact Dr. Mahmoud Manasra – Dean of Scientific Research. Email: AOE@aauj.edu or call Mrs. Areej Kaspary on Tel: 04-2418888 Ext. 1196.