- The abstract should appear in the first page of the manuscript. Write the word 'Abstract' in a separate line in 12-point Times New Roman. A translation of the abstract should appear in the last page of the manuscript (on a separate page).
- The manuscript must be limited to 30 pages.
- For Arabic, use Simplified Arabic font.
- For English, useTimes New Roman font.
- All parts of the manuscript should be spaced 1.5 lines, with margins of 2.5 cm on all sides.
The Title and the Author information
Guidelines for preparing the first page showing title and author(s) information:
A- The main title of the manuscript:
1- Write the main title in the middle of the page.
2- Font type: Times New Roman for English and Simplified Arabic for Arabic.
3- Font size:16-pt and Bold.
B- Name(s) of the author(s)
1- The first and last names of each author must be written under the title of the
manuscript and in the middle of the page.
2- Font size: 12-pt and Bold.
3-The authors should write the names of their universities/institutions and their
contact information, especially email.
The authors must use an asterisk * after the name of the corresponding author. In the margin, write "corresponding author."
The manuscript must include the following elements:
- The first page includes only the title of the manuscript, the author(s) information, the abstract and keywords written in the language of the research. (In the event that the languge of the research is Arabic, the author must write an abstract in English. If the used language is English, the author must write an abstract in Arabic).
- The introduction includes a backgound, the problem, the importance and aims of the study.
- A Literature review.
- The Hypotheses of the study.
- The Methodology.
- The Results and discussion.
- Implications, conclusion and recommendations .
- List of references (If the authors cite Arabic and English references, they should include two lists of references).
- Appendixes (such as illustrations, notes, figures, tables, statistics).
- The manuscript must not include statements that violate or harm any ordinary person or public figure.
- The paper must not include any reference to racism and discrimination with regard to ideologies, religions and other privacies.
Guidelines for writing an abstract:
- The abstract should appear in the first page of the manuscript. Write the word 'Abstract' in a separate line in 12-point Times New Roman. A translation of the abstract should apepar in the last page of the manuscript (on a separate page).
- Write the abstract using italicized 10-pt font size.
- The abstract must be limited to 300 words for both English and Arabic manuscripts.
- The abstract should be followed by a maximum of 6 keywords, italicized and bold 10-pt.
The Preparation of the Headlings, sub-headings and Research content
Instructions for preparing the manuscript:
1- The main headings of the manuscript must be bold, 14-pt font.
2- The sub-headings must be bold, 12-pt font.
3- Content font size must be normal 12-pt font.
5- The figure title must be11-pt and bold.
6- The content of the table must be10-pt.
7- The references list must be normal 12-pt font.
Organizing Tables and Figures
Formatting tables and figures
- The title of the table must appear before the table and it must take a number, for instance, (Table 1: Table Title).
- Each table must have a serial number.
- The table must be centered in the middle of the page.
- Mention the number of the table whenever you refer to the table.
- Insert or draw a figure in the middle of the page.
- Under the figure, write its number in sequence and also write its title, e.g. (Figure1: Figure Name).
- The source of the figure should apepar under the figure.
- Mention the number of the figure whenever you refer to the figure.
- Maintain one tab space before and after tables and figures.
Preparation of Mathematical Equations
Formulating mathematical equations
- Mathematical equations must be given serial numbers. The serial number must be inserted between brackets.
Y = a + Bx (1)
- It's preferred to use Microsoft software to write equations.
- Equation font size must be 10-pt.
- An explanation must be included under the equation, in addition to an explanation to the variables within it.
Preparating a References List
List of references
- Follow the APA style, 6th edition, to cite references.
- References are listed in alphabetical order.
- Make sure all in-text references are cited in the reference list.
- Do not use footnotes. If necessary, use only endnotes.
Manuscript in-text Citation and the Preparation of References List
First: In-text Citation
- Put the information about the source in parentheses, with last name and year of publication (Abu Nassar, 2011).
- Only use page numbers for a direct quote: (Abu Nassar, 2011, P15), (Abu Nassar, 2011, p 15 -20).
- If your quote is longer than forty words, set it off in a block text by beginning a new line, indenting one inch, and do not add quotation marks. At the end of the quote put the period after the last word of the sentence followed by the parentheses.
- For a source with two authors, mention the names as they appear in the source: (Daraghma, and Aqel, 2011)
- When you include two references by the same author and same year of publication, use 'a' to refer to the first one and 'b' to refer to the second: (Awad, 2010a), (Awad, 2010b).
- When a cited work has three or more authors, cite the family name of the first author and then add et al., After that, add the year of publication and the number of the page: (Awad et al., 2008).
- When an adea is taken from different sources, cite all of them: (Abu Nassar, 2008; Awad 2007).
- When citing statistics from an organization, mention the name of the organization in paranthesis: (Palesine Trade, 2012).
Second: References list
- Make sure the source information in parentheses matches with your works cited.
- Make sure all in-text references are cited in the reference list.
- When the author has more than one article, order them chronologically.
- Do not use 'et al' in the references list; instead cite the names of all authors. Family name, author name etc.
Citing a book
The last name of the author, First name. (Year). Book title. Edition. City. Country. Publisher.
Citing a book by Mohammed Abu Nasar
Abu Nasar, M. (2008). Advanced Financial Accounting. Third Edition. Amman-Jordan. Jordan University Publications.
Citing a book by Raed Saad and Zahran Daraghma
Saad, R., and Daraghma, Z. (2014). Cost Accounting for Healthcare Organizations. First Edition. Jerusalem-Palestine. Alquds Open University Publications.
Citing published and refereed articles
The last name of the author, the first name. (Year). Manuscript title. Title of the Journal. Volume (issue), pages numbers.
To cite a published paper by Mohammed Awad in the International Arab Journal of Information Technology, volume 7, issue 2, 2010, pages 6-13, write
Awad, M. (2010). Input Variable Selection Using Parallel Processing of RBF Neural Networks (PP-RBFNNs). The International Arab Journal of Information Technology. 7(1). PP 6-13.
To cite a published paper by Zahran Daraghma in the Arab Journal of Administrative Sciences, volume 15, issue 3, 2008, pages 1-22, write
Daraghma, Z. (2008). The Influence of Firm Growth, Size, and Financial Leverage on Information Content of Operating Cash Flows and Accounting Earnings: Evidence from Jordan: Industry Sector. Arab Journal of Administrative Sciences. 15(3). PP 1-22.
To cite a published paper by Tariq Kmail in the Journal of the Arab American University, volume 0, issue 0, 2014, pages 63-83, write
Kmail, T. (2014). Consumer Protection: Electronic Contracting (Comparative Study). The Journal of the Arab American University. 0(0). PP 63-83.
To cite a published paper by Layla Hirzallah and Mohammad Dawabshi in the Journal of the Arab American University, volume 0, issue 0, 2014, pages 47-62, write
Hirzallah L., and Dawabshi, M. (2014). Behavioral Problems Faces the Students of the Arab American University: Viewpoint of Faculty Members. The journal of the Arab American University. 0(0). PP 47-62.
Citing a translated book
Write the name of the original author, (date of publication-the year), book title, Edition, translated by ----, the country of publication, name of publisher of the original work.
The last name of the author, the first name of author, (Year of publication), title of thesis, degree sought (e.g. M.Sc. or PhD). Name of the University, name of country.
Citing an organizational document
Name of the organization, (Year of publication), title of publication, and edition number.