Established in the year 2012 with the aim of internationalizing AAU. In the age of globalization, fierce competition among higher education institutions at the local, regional and global levels, the grave weakness of Palestinian and Arab higher education, especially in applied and engaged research, learning, training and teaching as well as the fact of living under protracted and asymmetric conflict all these reasons make the internationalization of AAU an indispensable and immediate strategy for quality of education.
To connect AAU with an adequate number of higher education and research institutions around the world to buttress its strategic goals of: Excellency of education; applied and engaged research and; strengthen its community outreach.
- To seek and develop academic partnerships with several universities and research institutions and foundations around the world
- To sign Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with various universities, research institutions, development agencies, international governmental and non-governmental organizations at the local, regional and global levels.
- To design, develop and implement joint projects and programs in the fields of students and staff mobility (exchange programs), joint UG and Graduate programs, joint research projects as well as joint development projects.
- To transfer knowledge and its creation i.e. to strengthen AAU research infrastructure, increase its intellectual production and to improve its quality.
- To strengthen and improve AAU global ranking and local, regional and global reputation
- To establish networks and clusters of researchers at AAU and connect them with other networks and clusters locally, regionally and globally
- To encourage each Faculty at AAU to have its own research team, network and clusters and seek partners around the world
- To organize and implement Faculty-based international conferences
- To organize and implement seasonal workshops, panels, seminars and roundtable discussions with guest speakers and participants from abroad
- Strongly encourage AAU researchers (networks and clusters) to apply for joint mobility programs, joint research projects and joint BA and MA programs with various Europeans universities and research institutions.
Phone #: 04-2418888 | Ext.: 1030
Fax #: 04-2510851
Obtaining scholarships abroad for teaching staff, master’s students, and Ph.D. and post-doc programs at prestigious universities in Asia, Latin America, North America and Europe in general and in the UK in particular
Bringing international visiting scholars to AAU
Implementing exchange programs, short visits, seminars, workshops and international conferences and ongoing training abroad
Establishing joint academic/teaching programs (undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate) at AAU
Establishing joint research projects with international research centers and think tanks, supported by joint funding, joint ventures and foundations.
Raising funds to establish science laboratories (e.g., chemistry, physics, biology, biotechnology, nanotechnology), social science research centers and think tanks
Supporting AAU’s development efforts (training, planning and consulting) within the Governorates of Jenin and Tubas in the fields of urban, rural, economic and social planning and development; to be funded by international foundations and development agencies and implemented in cooperation with all relevant AAU departments and programs.